Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well, That's a Fire Hazard

Well Monday saw us take this ridiculous show on the road to Scottsdale. I don't believe, fingers crossed, there are any tickets to report on our trip over. Speed may have been issue in past years.

Well Rees, there is a story behind the title of the blog today thanks for asking. Our booth at the ballpark was about 10 feet by 10 feet with about a quarter of that taken up by the John Jacobson Memorial Edit Suite. Guess how many people we managed to cram into our booth at one point?

Well Jimmy, if you guessed 14, yes 14!! You are the big winner. It was an absolute mess and there were more people in the hall jealous they couldn't get in. There were about 8 conversations going on and people trying to yell things from the back of the booth to others already in conversations. Needless to say the guy trying to edit in the corner was not pleased.

Well, glad you asked Pike. Yes, I can hear you.

Well Lacey I'll tell you what I did to escape the crush of the booth. I went and got lunch because I was hungry (and it was free). It might have been the 2nd highlight of the day as I had spaghetti with Rick Rizzs, Peter Gammons, Steve Balboni, oh and Chris Allard. Nothing like a good free meal to escape the circus.

Well Doug, mine and Curt's alone time was cut drastically Monday. Because of the aforementioned overcrowding situation there was never less than 4 people in the booth. After so much quality time together over the weekend you'd think we needed a break from each other but that so wasn't the case.

Well Marina, Curt and I did finally get some alone time by going to hike Squaw Peak. Seeing the sun starting to set from the top of the mountain sitting by Curt was definitely the highlight of the day. Even if I was busy trying to catch my breath.

Well Brad, your time to the top of Squaw is finally in danger. Curt claims to be just 30 seconds behind. I can't vouch for that as I'm just happy to break 30 minutes, which I did. As an added bonus I didn't hurt anything so that's a win win!

Well Leif, yes we hit the Guilty Skirt* for dinner and to watch the WBC finals. Yes, we are all big dorks who after working baseball all day went out and watched more on TV. I'm told Japan won, I may have been distracted.

Well Powell, there was sideboob.

Well Larry, I think that about sums Monday down here. Better get back to work.

Well? Lil' Kid fell down a well? Better go fish him out again.

Well, all's well that ends well**.


* Not literally, that's assault.

** Today's post brought to you by the letters W, E, and L. Yes, I'm smarter than a 5th grader (no WSU jokes please) and realize this post is as annoying as hell. It's just my passive-aggressive way of expressing myself after editing the show.

If you feel slighted by not getting mentioned feel free to email me a request to get in the blog.

I will be more than happy to put you directly on the freeze out list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I'm guess "Booth C" in Scottsdale wasn't kind to you, sorry to hear that.