Friday, March 27, 2009

10 Feet From Greatness

Something must've been wrong with us because I remember us being highly motivated to power through the show Thursday. Now I'm not saying we don't care about the show normally, just Thursday we seemed to care more than normal. Now why would that be? Oh yeah, to get out to watching basketball and perhaps a little drinking.

Unfortunately trying to rush through a show can also raise the tensions and I may have threatened to physically harm Dan during the show feed. Luckily alcohol is a great mender of fences*.

After feeding the show we headed over to McDuffy's for some basketball and some off track betting. Curt really is a degenerate. Dan and I stuck to just drinking, watching basketball, and mocking Curt's dead last horse choices!**

Also at McDuffy's KIRO was hosting their spring training show which lead to a pretty good story. This requires a flashback. So back we go to Wednesday when Curt and I hiked/ran Thunderbird. With about 3/4 mile to go I passed this little blonde and made a mental note that she was pretty cute at least what little I saw as I ran past her while trying to hold down my pancake breakfast. We never saw her come off the trail as she took another path to a different parking lot. Well back to Thursday at McDuffy's, Shannon Drayer comes up to me and asks why I didn't say hello at Thunderbird. Oh, whoops!

One of the guests on the spring training show was the Chris Shelton. Unfortunately we left just before the show started so he was still eating with his family and we decided it probably wasn't in our best interest to bother him. Later in the night I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made the same decision. The perfect photo op would have to wait.

After leaving McDuffy's we headed over to the Guilty Skirt***. Suprisingly the biggest douche at the bar wasn't Jeff Weaver**** but rather this guy rooting for Duke. Needless to say the rest of the bar took lots of enjoyment in rooting for Villanova. Nothing like shutting up a douchey dukie.

Having not had enough after basketball we crossed the parking lot to the Moon Saloon*****. While we're sitting at the bar in comes this tall gangly dork wearing a Missouri hat and football jersey. I was just about to tell Curt get a load of this douche, when it I realized holy crap I know that guy!! It was J.D. Preuss. That's right, the Pru-dawg was in the house. I didn't really get to ask him what he was doing there. But seeing that it was 10:30 in a bar I'm probably pretty safe in assuming drinking was on the agenda.

Today is gonna hurt. But we gotta support the Zags right?


* Sure too much may lead to tearing those fences back down but those are the risks.

** To be fair he somehow ended up about even, we're not quite sure how.

*** What?!?! They have great HD bigscreens for watching sports and better food.

**** Yes, that Jeff Weaver who went 7-13 with a 6.20 ERA in 27 starts with the 2007 Mariners.

***** What?!?! They wear the tank tops because it is hot in Arizona. Don't blame us.

No comments: