Monday, March 2, 2009

Back in Jail

Curtis considers every day walking into the TV Booth is equivalent to walking into a jail cell.


Hard to believe when you get to watch baseball for a living but when it's 95 degrees and the sun is shining right into the booth it isn't the most comfortable.
Got through our first show Monday and surprisingly there were no technical issues*.

Of course now I've just jinxed it so I'm sure we'll have a major meltdown within a week. We did get to see the new monstrosity that the Dodgers and White Sox call home out in Glendale. It's freaking huge which meant there were 10,000 empty seats for the game. Good times.

Sunday was spent in Peoria even though the Mariners were on the road in Surprise. I was actually disheartened to miss the game as I have a mancrush on Josh Hamilton and my boy Chris Shelton hit his 2nd homer of the spring (that guy can rake!). Dan and I stayed behind in Peoria where he got to see his Cubs look awful and lose to the Padres, the freaking PADRES!! Oh and I had to actually work, so that sucked.

There is something I should mention about our hikes. Someone (not Me, Curtis, Brad, Jen, or Chris) went and got themselves in shape in the last 11 months and has actually been beating me on the hikes.

I'd had enough of that tomfoolery so Sunday I put a stop to it and killed Thunderbird beating everyone (Dan and Curtis) by a couple minutes. Now I feel much better about myself.

To the person concerned with whether or not I saw the ASU/WSU game Saturday the answer is yes, Taylor Rochestie gave us all a heart attack and then much laughter.

Well, off to watch the show for the first time in 3 years. Guess where I'm going??**


*We did have a mic problem Sunday but no such problems Monday.

**The asterisks got out of control last post so I'm trying to cut back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need some juicy gossip John!