Friday, March 20, 2009

Let's Play Two

What's better than one game in jail? TWO!


Does that not look like the face of someone thrilled to be witnessing a spring doubleheader?

This job has its benefits* but sitting through 2 spring training games sweating it out in the press box is definitely not one of them. I love baseball as much, if not more, than the next guy but even I'm getting worn out. Takes a look at the calender, still have 2 MORE WEEKS of this?!?! CRAP.

The most exciting part of last nights game was the attack of the locusts**. They are huge and really just annoy the hell out of everyone, especially when they fly into the press box and hit Allard in the face***. This morning the stadium was littered with millions of carcasses reminding us of the plague that hit us last night. That's right, even God doesn't like spring training doubleheaders. On a side note, if a plague were to hit Phoenix it couldn't happen to a nicer city. In fact I heard the first ever plague started in a strip mall between a tanning salon and a cheap Chinese restaurant.

Curt was in a strangely chipper mood after the game, thanks mostly (or completely) to the fact he was reunited with his boyfriend Paul. I'm surprised they even ordered separate beers, they were almost united at the hip, might as well have shared a straw. I think Dan and I were cramping their style by sitting at the same table as them. Curt and Paul need their alone time.


* At least that's what I keep telling myself.

** Could very well be some other insect.

*** Oh wait, that was quite hilarious.

Editors note: In the interest of honesty for as much as I've railed against the double header I spent most the nightcap watching the Sounders inaugural MLS game on my laptop. That was much more exciting than the baseball.

No comments: