Saturday, March 7, 2009

Every Night is Friday Night

Friday we packed up the traveling circus and headed down the road to Phoenix. I'm told Papago Park is nice, but I've only seen it on video tape. Even Kent can look good on tape!* Only thing of note to report from the ballpark is that I've made the conscious** decision to never wash my right hand again. The reason for this is the A's called a press conference to introduce their newest signing Nomar Garciaparra and being the angel of a human being that he is, he shook everyones hand before speaking. The man is a saint!

After fighting Phoenix traffic to get back to feed Dan and I ditched Curt and went out for a romantic candlelit dinner under the stars. It was quite lovely. Only one light worked out on the patio and of course we were seated nowhere near it so the candlelight was more a matter of function than it was mood lighting. But the meal was good and now I know what a proper date with Dan entails.

Once our dinner under the moon was finished we went to the moon, literally. Actually the Moon bar to enjoy a few frosty beverages. The first ones took a while to disappear so our waitress/amateur psychologist*** wondered what the hangup was we should be living it up on a Friday night. We had to explain to her that for the month of March we basically treated each night like a Friday night. A couple hours later I'm pretty sure she thought we were crazy. That probably didn't take a lot to convince her of though.


* Just kidding Kent doesn't even look good on tape.

** During the month of March I make alot of unconcious decisions, most of them are regrettable.

*** She's actually a dental student, but asking her to check my molars seemed a little forward and inappropriate for a bar setting.

No comments: