Monday, March 23, 2009

Date Nights

Sorry for not posting yesterday. As Curt is fond of saying, yesterday was a bit of a pig fuck. Apparently the show is more important than the blog, and at least the show got done. Good times.

This weekend has been pretty special for me Curt as we've spent plenty of quality time together. Not that we don't on a daily basis, as there are long stretches where we're the only two in the booth, but this weekend I got all the Curt I could handle. I need a break.

Saturday started with the A's/Mariners which frankly I remember none of. Needless to say there was a little disappointment as we were saddled with a third wheel for the Canucks/Coyotes game. So we picked up "he who shall not be named"* and hit Chick-Fil-A for a romantic pregame chicken sandwich. The highlight of dinner being when "hwsnbn"** spilled ketchup all over himself, ha!

Before heading into the Jobing.com arena we caught some of the Gonzaga game. Well some of us saw part of it. Long story short I left to go to the hockey game and missed the exciting conclusion. But I did get to hear a very pro-Canucks crowd belt out the Canadian national anthem as this game was on Hockey Night in Canada. That's about where the Canuck cheering ended as the Coyotes curb stomped them 5-1.

Highlights of the game. The Canucks managed to score an own goal. Making this even funnier is Curt asked in the 1st period how often it happens which I'd venture a guess at about once every 2 years or so in the NHL, then Bam! 2nd period the Canucks are fishing the puck out of their own net. Weird.

Shane Doan and Ed Jovanovski scored back-to-back goals in the 2nd with Doan's holding up for the game winner. I really know how to pick 'em!

For the record this is the 2nd straight year we've seen the Canucks get crushed in Phoenix maybe we're just bad luck for the orcas.***

Before the game we walked right by some chick dressed up as Madonna's and George Micheal's love child (it was 80s night at the arena). We made some off-handed remark like "check out the get up on that chick". Turns out that chick, multi-olympic gold medalist Amy Van Dyken. If only I had been smart enough to have the camera ready to take a picture.

After the game our travelling 3some headed out for drinks. "Hwsnbn" out drank us 2 to 1. Of course he was done after 4 big beers in about 45 minutes. If I've learned anything**** sometimes moderation is best. Drunk in the corner is no way to go through life, plus it creeps the waitresses out.

Sunday Curt and I found our confines constricted even further as we crammed in the Mariners video room to watch the Cubs/Mariners. I don't mind being around Curt, I just need my space!

Having not had enough each other in the previous 48 hours Curt and I shared a romantic meal Sunday night. I think this literally might be my in the top 10 of my longest relationships.*****


* No, not Lord Voldemort.

** That's right I can't even type that twice.

*** More liked killed whales instead of killer whales.

**** And that is hardly the case.

***** Again, no disrespect to anyone reading this stupid little blog.

No comments: