Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sorry Mom...

So, if you came here looking for Griffey updates you've come to the wrong blog. I don't know what kind of dog and pony show you think I'm running but just keep moving on nothing to see here. If you are interested that sort of thing I'm sure there are a billion other places to go that might even have fancy features such as "quotes" and pictures. Pffft, you shouldn't come here for that, you better know that by now.

Drunk dialing Herbison was pretty embarrassing last season, but it doesn't come close to what happened last night. Since Dan and I had nothing to do during or after the game last night we decided to relax. After watching the first couple innings from the stadium we headed to an undisclosed location* to watch the rest of the game and our show. A few beers in it was showtime. My ears perked up as I heard the opening chords of "Thunderstruck" and I reached for my phone. Fully expecting it to be Curtis saying he's headed right over to meet us, imagine my surprise as I was flipping open my phone and saw it wasn't Curtis Wilson calling rather "Mom's Cell"! Uh oh! Now a lot of scenarios ran through my head in that split second, but none could prepare me for what came next. "Was that you I just saw in the Tilted Kilt story?". "Uh, no" I responded sarcastically. "Wait, what's all that commotion in the background? Are you there right now?" Mom was clearly on to my lies, the jig was up. "I don't know what you are talking about?" I tried to feign innocence. "What kind of son did I raise?" Mom was not happy, and if we've ever learned anything it is this: if mama's not happy, ain't no one happy. Needless to say my face was as red as the shirt I was wearing, so I had that going for me. So from the bottom of my heart I want to apologize to my Mom, honestly you raised me well, I blame Paul's influence!

The rest of the day wasn't nearly as interesting. Allard is still bitching about his finger and has even taken it to a new lower level. This man clearly has no shame.


If he spent half as much time working as he did trying to avoid work he could easily be the FSN employee of the quarter.

Honestly I don't remember a whole lot from the rest of the day. I'm pretty sure it went well as I don't remember any huge gaffs on my part**.

So once again I just want to reiterate the big message today, sorry Mom.

BLOG UPDATE: With Allard back and busting his tail getting pictures for the blog I've gone back and added pictures and occasional words to prior posts this spring, so take a look at them so that he doesn't cry that no one appreciates his art.


* If you can't guess by now I don't know what to tell you.

** Those were saved for later that night, Love you Mom.

No comments: