Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Best in Show

In our haste to rush out to the Guilty Skirt (really, where else do you think we were going?) and watch the show, I forgot to mention the biggest news of the day. Curt has learned how to operate inews! Well, not really, just enough to be able to cause trouble. So if you get any chopper top lines in the near future you'll know who is behind them.

The second most significant news is that the John Jacobson (old school) Memorial Edit Suite blew a tire, meaning it had to be drug out to the van (then shot!!*). Oh and for once being the smart guy, I left with Allard (jerk) and Jen to feed the show back leaving the rotting carcass for the others to drag away. It now has 4 working wheels, but we'll see how long those last.


I have little faith but maybe it's just me hoping that it will roll itself away never to be heard from again.

As I mentioned last night we (or at least I) saw the show for the first time ever (only 3 seasons in, better late than never!). The Guilty Skirt was happy to turn us on** especially since they were prominently featured*** but we had no sound. No problem for me as having edited most the show I could provide a running closed captioning service for anyone paying attention. They were quite appreciative of the attention (yeah, not that hard to believe). If you watched closely I even made an appearance in the show, bet you can't guess which story I was in!

The evening was great and a good time was had by all. It's always the leaving that is the hardest part, for some more than others. In this case it was really tough for Curt.


As you can see Curt hasn't quite got a handle on driving the Suburban yet. Lucky for us Vocht didn't slide that far down the embankment!****

This photo was actually taken by yours truly. There is news on the official photographer of this blog, but some other jerk is extremely lazy and I can't get him to do anything. Threatening to harm his work camera has no effect as he says that just gives him the right to do even less. It's a no win (or picture) situation.

UPDATE!!!***** After hours and hours of intense negotiations.


We have finally agreed to terms and Allard is back on board as the official blog photographer!!!


For those concerned that is actually a red shirt I am wearing not a sunburn. My actual skin tone turned out be a slightly lighter shade of red. Yes, I'm a genius!


*Just kidding! I love you engineers.

**Yes, that was a euphemism.

***Also a euphemism.

****Not really, do you think we'd actually allow him to watch the show with us? I didn't think so.

*****Allard literally walked in 2 minutes after the original posting with his camera. I'm as surprised as anyone, though not by the fact he was 1 hour late to work.

No comments: