Saturday, March 21, 2009

Big Limpin'

Maybe I should just accept the fact that my body is now more built for a sedentary on the couch lifestyle than it once was. Friday we hiked all of Thunderbird again and once more I spent the cool down sitting in the parking lot icing my ankle. It's becoming standard operating procedure. I'm starting to think I should be looking into an ankle-ectomy.

It wouldn't be a hike without some sort of ironic statement from my ipod evil. This time it was "When you were young" by the Killers as I limped the final half mile. I swear if I didn't think I'd sprain my ankle kicking it I would boot that stupid thing far into the desert night.

Being the moron I am, when we got back I considered trying to find a stream for game one of the Thunderbirds/Spokane playoff series. But I used all my remaining strength to stop myself from taking that next step towards complete dorkdom.

Today ought to be exciting as I get to spend the whole day with Curt. Guess I get to feel what it's like to be Paul. Hope I can fill his expensive shoes. After the Mariners game we're headed over Glendale to watch some Canucks/Coyotes action. Nothing like a romantic day with Curt.

One final note to those readers out there in blogland that are taking part in charity events tomorrow. Good luck and kick some ass!

UPDATE: So I was alerted by Curt to the fact we missed quite the event last night. Something cool actually happened in Surprise. Of course the Mariners weren't involved so there's that.


That's right, Wayne Gretzky and Muhammad Ali were at the Dodgers/Royals game. I'm just hoping Spike Owen will show up at a Mariners game. Some people have all the luck!

No comments: