Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surprise, Police!

No, there aren't any legal problems to report*. The title is just an homage to perhaps my favorite Rees joke ever** since we are in the craptastic city of Surprise today. It seems fitting that 2 teams as awful as the Royals and Rangers would share a stadium in the middle of nowhere. If you ever want to feel young come to a game at the retirement community known as Surprise Stadium, I'm surprised the outfield berm isn't a cemetery just for convenience sake. Oh the irony, the sound system just kicked on playing Triumph's Magic Power which has a chorus of "I'm young, I'm wild, and I'm free" 3 things that definitely don't describe Surprise.

I've got to admit some days I'm just not prepared to blog and this is definitely one of those days. My official photographer and I can't get on the same page so there are no new pictures to post. I may or may not be a functioning alcoholic at this point, I'm pretty sure my liver is planning a early morning jail break from my abdomen. There are way too many waitresses I'm on a first name basis with. But worst of all right now I'm crammed in a tiny cell with Vocht, this most definitely is jail.

One thing I've learned in the last couple weeks is I really need a spring training for spring training. I should have been going out every 3rd or 4th night to get myself in shape so that I'd be fully prepared for the rigors of spring training. You'd think this was my first rodeo, for shame.

So in all the hoopla Monday of Dan's part-time job and our stalker I forgot to mention why we were even out there in the first place. We finally made it back to my favorite restaurant Wild Horse West. Their burgers might have been even better than I remembered. If Curt can do his 30 days of Chipotle*** diet, I am more than willing to go 30 days of Wild Horse West. Also of note is that we tried to go to Lake Pleasant but they wanted $6 just to park. God knows what they charge to actually see a lake in the middle of the desert, jerks.


* Keeps fingers crossed!

** I'm willing to bet you can coax it out of Rees if you want. But for the record it goes like this: Rees and I were walking around the stadium 2 years ago**** when we came upon a police officer on a segway. Rees then proceed to ask him "So when you have to go knock on someone's door do you say, Surprise! Police?" I thought it was funny, the booze might have helped.

*** Since replaced by Chick-Fil-A

**** He also has perhaps the worst picture of me ever taken that he likes to use as his desktop. I can't even really describe how awful it is.

No comments: