Thursday, March 19, 2009

Turn Down the Heat

It's not supposed to be 90 degrees in March. Some of us are melting, melting!

Wednesday was a pretty relaxed day at the ballpark with Mariners playing a night game at the retirement community. I was pretty sad* to miss the trip to Surprise, I hear the senior citizens get pretty wild at night. You mix the Geritol and the Metamucil and you get a pretty volatile mix.

Apparently I'm not the only one getting tired of spring training. Strange thing is I've been here even longer than Manny, yet he's already picking up cricket to pass the time. Great googly!


Must be fun to cover Manny, I'm not sure how much work I'd get done but it's definitely entertaining. The charisma in his pinky finger is enough to power a small country.


Oh Manny, I miss you!

Who's got two thumbs and loves hiking in 90 degree temperatures? This guy!! I wouldn't actually say I love it, I'm just dumb enough to go do it. Why not go hike 5 miles in the sweltering heat I say. Curt was on a mission to win the loop this time but of course I wasn't going to let him. While he built a pretty decent lead halfway through I started to run and caught him about 3/4 of the way through. Of course just after passing him I used my incredible athletic grace and rolled my ankle and nearly gave away the win. But I powered through (because I'm a hockey playing moron) and finished strong. Sitting in the parking lot with an ice bag** on my ankle wasn't nearly as cool though.

Ipod evil*** update. So Thursday as I was struggling to the summit of the 2nd hill I was greeted with "Resolve" by the Foo Fighters. I can't tell if it is passively-aggressively urging me on or openly mocking me. Either way it is dangerously close to being booted off the side of trail.

Big double header today. Guess I should get to work.


* No, not really

** The only reason we had ice at all was to cool the beer.

*** Patent Pending.

No comments: