Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mmm, Pancakes

Wednesday was the last off day here at spring training. Strangely it didn't rain which seems to be a common theme on our off days. It did however allow us to sit around and do very little other than tie up a few loose ends around the booth.

My favorite part of off days is that we always go out for breakfast. Nothing like pancakes* to work off the activities of the night before. Just writing this now is making me hungry! I swear, just slather me in syrup and I'd be forever happy.

The only negative to my love of breakfast is that it puts me in a pancake coma afterwards. I can only watch so many episodes of Parental Control before I feel like I have to get off the couch and actually do something. So Curt and I decided to work off breakfast with a trip to Thunderbird.

Not the smartest of ideas. A) We decided to go in the heat of the day. B) The aforementioned pancakes. Ouch!! I felt like garbage but made it all the way around, though I lost to Curt for the first time so that was a bit disappointing. Had I been pulled over on the trail though I'm sure I would have failed a breathalyzer, no way my BSC (Blood Syrup Count) was under the legal limit. I'm pretty sure it's not a good sign when maple syrup is oozing out of your pores.

The rest of the day was pretty tame. Gotta rest up for the final week push to the finish. Although at dinner Dan did admire a guy's Michigan State Champ's Sports Bowl hat. Loser.

Some of you may have read about this attack in an Arizona bar. No worries, none of us were harmed. Though I haven't seen Allard in 2 days.


* Or french toast, or waffles, or scrambled eggs, or well you get the point!!

No comments: