Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Props End Here

A day after giving Dan his due for making it up Squaw, I'm taking it all back. Why? Because he drug us out on St. Patrick's Day to Padre Murphy's for what might have been the most awful "celebration" in the history of St. Patrick's Day celebrations. Seriously, how do you screw up green beer and drunken idiots? The original title of this post was supposed to be: A night of my life I'll never get back no matter how much I want those 8 hours and 10 dollar cover charge returned. But it was too long.

Ever wonder what it's like to be crammed in a tent with 800 douchebags and a crappy cover "band" that played "hits" from the late '80s/early '90s? Well I don't have to wonder anymore.


Yeah it's a crappy picture, I don't care, it deserved a crappy picture. You can probably hear the suck coming through the picture loud and clear. But look who was having a good time!


The "band" I kid you not was covering "Groove is in the Heart" as this picture was taken. Curt provided the text of the night "Is this the fucking band? wtf". I don't know if I can possibly put into words how awful this band was. If it's possible to suck and blow at the same time then this was the band. Not only did they play just horrible ass songs, it was a medley of horrible ass songs because they couldn't play a full song. It was so bad that they didn't even play a single song found on my ipod, and I have some absolute crap on there. I'm so pissed at music right now I can't even pick a song for the song of the day.

Now we're headed back to the minors for today's show. I think only a Scott Bakula sighting would save the day. Oh well, here's to hope!

No comments: