Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Business is Picking Up

I had every intention of posting everyday but something came up yesterday that ruined those plans, but more on that in a second. Monday I took my first shot at Squaw Peak and I'm happy to report I finished in 28:30 and was able to beat the fast fleeting daylight back down. However, I'm unhappy to say I lost to Paul who beat me to the top despite wearing his designer jeans and not so athletic shoes. Not only that he also barely broke a sweat despite the fact he never works out. Jerk! Oh, he beat Curtis as well, but again Brad Adam smoked everyone.

So the real reason I missed the post, we had to celebrate Brad Adam's birthday Monday (yes, Brad forced us saying he wouldn't show up to host the show Tuesday if each of us didn't wish him a happy birthday). Once we cleared it with the fire marshal Brad was presented with his birthday cupcake. I think this is a look of "Holy crap, what is FSN paying you to afford such frivolous things as cupcakes!"


So of course we had to also take him out for a birthday beer. Then Curt, his boyfriend Paul, Dan, and I went out and celebrated Brad's birthday a little more. We went to our favorite upscale bar Tailgaters. Where we met the owner who kept feeding us shots, so needless to say it was a long night.

This of course made for an even longer morning. Which leads to the song of the day. "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC. Having to drive across the desert to Phoenix in morning rush hour traffic with 2 hungover coworkers might be exactly what they had in mind when they penned that tune.


Things to spot in the picture above. 1) Hungover schlep actually working. 2) Guy trying to hide his tears who's life partner had flown out of town that morning. 3) 2 people not working, one of whom I'm sure you can still hear through the picture. Feel free to point out anything else you see. Just so you know the editing suite still exists as I resisted the urge to push it off the second deck, though to be honest Allard was the one pushing on the way down after the day (I might have taken the easy way instead of the elevator.)

Because I missed a day, how about a preview of tomorrows show to make up for it?!


I'm fully convinced Wong has never seen, let alone been around animals in his whole life. I've never seen someone so scared of creatures great or small.

Big announcement time! We have tickets and press passes to Thursdays Canadiens/Coyotes game! That's right I'll be in the same building as Shane Doan and Ed Jovanovski! Next to find an excuse to meet them! Yes, every sentence in this paragraph deserved an exclamation point! I'm not stingy with my punctuation marks, especially when it comes to Shane Doan!

One last thing, Chris Allard is an asshole! (yes, also deserves an exclamation point!) even if he did provide all the pictures used in this post.

No comments: