Saturday, March 1, 2008

And the Fun Really Begins...

So today we started in earnest working on show 1 and the upcoming month. Let's get to the song of the day right away "Shout at the Devil" by Motley Crue.

There are a couple reasons this song fits the bill. First off, I really had little to do at the ballpark so I went with Allard as we did our favorite part of the show fan shoutouts! Oh god was it awful, thankfully the weather was nice. I take back anything bad I said about getting those things as I never want part of it again. If putting up with our "talent" was bad enough, dealing with the common person is 10x worse and this is when I was in a good mood!!

The mood turned south later when I returned home from the game. All of us had avoided any Cougar updates as Curtis was tivo'ing it for later viewing. I walk in the door and the Wonger is logging tape, the end of Texas/Texas Tech is on here is our conversation.
Me: "turn it off I don't want to see the Cougars highlights".
Wong: "why? i already busted Curtis' balls about..."
Me: "Thanks a bunch Wong!"
Wong: "Oh, you didn't know?"
Me: "Well I do now don't I? Curtis was tivo'ing it"
Wong: "I know I already ruined it for him too"

Stupid Huskies! Turns out T-Mac had also texted Curtis telling him the finish.

Finally the coup de grace came later. Again partially in thanks to the Wong (though technically not fully his fault, not that that will stop me from motherf-ing him!) As the Wong is our entertainment reporter he has a bunch of packages that need to be edited. Well he finally got around to writing and voicing the first one. Strangely everything seemed to be going fine until we got to the tape we had dubbed from his mini-dv footage. Turns out Cameron is all kind of colors but normal leaving us with 22 minutes of for now unusable footage. So if anyone can talk us through our sync issues and correctly dubbing this crap give me a call. I already know there is a problem and probably a simple solution, why oh why am I the resident engineer?

I've already bad mouthed Wong enough so why not some more? He was unable to come up with Coyotes tickets tonight. On the other hand I had no issues with Brad (yes he's here my eyes have confirmed it) and Nicole. Looks like tomorrow might be a long day so I better get some sleep.

No comments: