Sunday, March 16, 2008

One Shining Moment

Normally you wait until the end until the end of the NCAA tournament to hear this song, but in Dan's honor I'm breaking it out a month early. I even made the effort to find the year Michigan State won the title.

Why the accolades for my arch nemesis Kuehner? It's not because he beat me in NHL '08 (though to be fair we quit the 3rd game with him ahead in the 2nd period, I had won the first 2). No, it's because we saw something rarer than the Wonger reaching for his wallet when the dinner bill arrives.



That's right, Dan (who's past failures have been well documented) made it to the top off squaw peak. Not only that he did it in a respectable 30 minutes. Clearly it was his evil twin as the Dan I know couldn't make it past the bench in the parking lot. Congrats Dan! Ouch, that hurts.

To add injury to insult, I showed my vast amount of grace by rolling my ankle and falling on my face on the way down. No need to worry though nothing was hurt, so I didn't have to call mom, I can still edit (well, at least as much as I could before).

Curtis' boyfriend is back in town so we haven't seen them in a while. If this blog has done any good, it has made Curtis admit that they are in fact in some sort of sick relationship.

Not much else to add, still in shock of seeing Dan at the summit. I will add that I really wanted today's song to be George Strait's "King of the Mountain" but no one has youtubed it. Because let's face it, he may feel like the king of the mountain but really he's just a fool on a hill. Congrats again Dan on conquering one of lifes biggest obstacles.

No comments: