Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's been a while

Wow, I had no idea I hadn't posted since Wednesday. Time flies when you're having, well, a time. I have no real excuses so I won't even try and to make any up.

Let's see what I can remember from the last 5 days. Wednesday we put together the "Best of Mariners Nightly" show. Other than being unable to tell time the show worked out great. Oh yeah, we also picked up our new reporter Jen Mueller. I seem to recall some sort of show meeting that night and a Mavs/Suns double-OT thriller but I can't confirm either really occurred.

Thursday was our first live game broadcast from spring training. For some of us the day started with a trip to Mesa and HoHoCam park for the start of the Mariners/Cubs game. The rest of us, those that actually work down here, stayed in Peoria to get the show ready for that night. I don't think I missed out on much, other than a golden chance to make fun of Dan with a bunch of gay Cubs jokes with some extra Taco Time jokes on the side. Since our show served as the pre-game show we had a chance to watch the game that night versus the Giants. Despite sitting in the press box facing the field I don't remember any of it. I might have watched some but apparently there was more on my mind. What? I have no freakin' clue, but I honestly don't remember a thing.

Friday is a similar blur. If you can't tell the days all seem to run together into one big confusing mess. All I know is I'm a horrible gambler even at $1 a bet. The only consolation to losing my life savings one dollar at a time is that later I had the best conversation I've had in years. Guess you have to take victories where you can find them.

Saturday proved history repeats itself. I got a rather unexpected visitor when my brother and his wife came over from L.A. for the weekend. It was nice to see him even if only for a few hours. A few beers after the show I got back to the condo and for the 2nd time passed out mid-text. This time, however, I was unable to power through and finish the text when I awoke at 3:30 am. I've really got to work on my stamina.

That finally brings us to Sunday and our first visit to Maryvale. Other than the 90+ degree temps it reminded me of Renton. Cars were on blocks, liquor stores had bars over the windows, and mullets ran rampant (ok, maybe that's because the Mariners were facing the Brewers and Milwaukee hasn't quite progressed past 1985 yet). Despite the surroundings it's a nice stadium, the highlight of the day (since I've proven I don't actually watch any of the games) was the interview with Bob Uecker. Comedy Gold!

Alright, this has lasted long enough. Since I don't want to pass out mid-blog I'm going to end it here so I can get some sleep and be at my forgetting details sharpest Monday. Tomorrow is Monday, right?!

No comments: