Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Finish is in Sight

I've gotten lazy (or been out drinking til 2 the last 4 days and couldn't write, you decide) and haven't updated on my regular schedule. So again I'll go with the lump summary.

I was going to title this post 3rd times the charm, but the only thing more consistent than our work schedule is Dan's utter failure to summit Squaw Peak. That's right he tried for a 3rd time Monday and once again failed miserably. He has all kinds of excuses: the 18 beers the night before, the non-working xm radio, the only shape he's in is round, etc. Whatever gets you through the day I guess. I'm surprised he had the energy to get on the bench in the parking lot.


The polar opposite of Dan is Brad Adam. That's right, Brad gets his first blog shout out! But I'm going to take some of the credit for Brad's success. Using my Ipod and his newly named life philosophy WWAD (What Would Axl Do) Brad listened to Appetite for Destruction and powered up the peak in a record breaking 22 minutes and change. Brad was so quick in fact he complained back in the parking lot that he only got half his daily Axl fix.

Monday I actually got to see some baseball. Normally I'm not a look at that sunset kind of guy, but it was pretty impressive.



Rees, Dan, and I took in the game (and a few adult beverages) from the berm. Luckily for Dan you walk down the hill from the walkway to seating area so he was able to make it that far, of course after the game was a struggle and we had to stop a couple times to let him catch his breath as we walked the 20 feet up the gentle slope. It was a great night for baseball and got better with the last out of the sixth. Adam Jones caught a fly ball and turned and threw it into the crowd. Not only was it coming into the crowd it was heading right towards me. Being the great "athlete" I am I prepared to make the catch by switching my beer from my left hand to my right hand. I then reached up and grabbed it without even having to so much as stand up and more importantly didn't spill a drop of beer. After thoroughly impressing everyone on the berm with my superior athleticism I then displayed my heart of gold by giving the souvenir to the 3-year-old girl sitting behind us. It made her night and mine as well, as it was the first girl to give me a smile down here. Only took a whole month to get that!!

No comments: