Friday, February 27, 2009

I've been anti-penis lately

Can I get "Things you never want to hear from your waitress" for $2000 please, Alex? Or in Dan's case a night at The Guilty Skirt. There are rejections and then there are all-time rejections and this one definitely falls under the latter category. Now, I've been rejected a few times in my life but other than hearing "I'm all about the ladies" this might have been the harshest rejection I've heard in a while. On a positive note, despite having consumed my fair share of canadian waters, I was able to blurt out "Well then you shouldn't be afraid of Dan at all!" which brought the house down and even made the waitress smile, so yeah me!!

On to less frivolous activities. After another thrilling spring training game* we decided to tackle the trails at Thunderbird Park for our afternoon activity. For those of you keeping track at home (and I assume only 1 person really cares or will even get this joke) I sported a green t-shirt and rocked AC/DC's Thunderstruck to start the hike. The trail isn't as difficult as Squaw Peak but it's still a workout which is a pretty foreign concept to me though I claim to have been an athlete in a former life.

The reward for another hike completed was a trip to the aforementioned Guilty Skirt**. We enjoyed a fine Cougar victory, some stimulating conversation, and of course numerous beers (thus offsetting any positive results of the earlier hike). Apparently some team wearing purple and gold also won but most the bar*** was rooting for the Sun Devils.

If you are wondering why there haven't been any pictures in the last couple posts, it's because the official photographer of the blog, Chris Allard, and I are having trouble coming to terms over his contract. He thinks he should be getting paid for his pictures and I keep trying to convince him this a non-profit blog. Or, we're really lazy, I'll let you choose which story you like better.

*I swear they do happen (as a sidenote my boy Shelly went deep, best spring hitter in baseball!)

**It's normally here that I would tell a story about Vocht saying something wildly inappropriate to one of the waitresses, but I'm freezing him out of the blog.

***And of course by most the bar I mean me.

No comments: