Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Prom Night

It's always tough leaving Seattle and its balmy 50 degree weather and showers for the mid 80's and clear skies offered by Phoenix and this time was no different.

After spending Monday packing (and deciding 3 am was a perfectly reasonable time to be doing my taxes) I met Curtis, Brad, and Little Kid Dan Kuehner at the airport Tuesday morning for our annual spring tradition. Surprisingly Curtis got through security with little to no hassle, despite my best attempts to get security to administer a full cavity search.


The flight down was pretty mundane. There were no screaming Mentinks* on the flight and I wasn't seated next to any dogs**.

It was after landing that things got interesting. After picking up our baggage*** we headed out to our awaiting limo which Curt had commandeered. Brad then exclaimed it was just like his prom night the only question was who he would make out with.


As you can see it was Curtis whom Brad chose to cozy up with in the back seat. Though there was a palpable tension as to what Paul would think if he were to see this behavior.

The rest of the night was a blur. Knowing that we were in for a long haul we decided to take it easy the first night, which of course meant hitting Fox and Hound for $2 Fat Tuesday drinks. Uh yeah, did I mention it's going to be a really long trip at this rate? What did I come down here for again? Oh, Baseball, perhaps we can fit that into our schedules in the near future.


*And I of course mean Angie, her kids are well behaved.

**Literally, not figuratively. Yes, I am going straight to hell!

***I don't mean to imply their significant others as they are all beautiful, smart women (much better than they deserve)

No comments: