Thursday, February 26, 2009

Am I right or am I wrong?

After 2 years working in close quarters with Curt I thought I had him somewhat figured out, but he always comes up with something new to surprise me. He's like a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, wrapped in a Chipotle soft taco shell. Yesterday's lesson: "I work hard therefore I can eat when I'm hungry not just when there's free food". Making him basically the anti-Wong. So while the rest of us were happy to sample the free foods offered at the ballpark, Curt waited then made his way over to Chipotle in his effort to eat there every day of this trip.

After a grueling* day at the ballpark we made our way over to Squaw Peak for our initial ascent up the hill. I'm happy to report everyone made it to the top. Some found it easier than others, I was definitely in the latter category.


I blame most of it on Allard's insistence on singing Manilow on the trail, it's not easy to stay focused on climbing the rocks while being serenaded by "Mandy".


Having tired ourselves out by performing the most simple of physical activity we felt we should be rewarded by a trip to Peoria's newest sports bar The Guilty Skirt**. It's pretty nice with a bunch of big screens and decent sightlines***, we may find ourselves back there tonight for the WSU and UW games. While there we had our first Wong moment as Dan pulled out a bunch of cards that were handed out at the ballpark offering 1 cent beers. He then had the gall to complain later when the bill arrived. In his defense the beers were marked up 2000% to 20 cents on the bill after tax. But still how do you complain?

What's a night at a bar with Curt without a little gambling? I ended a couple dollars to the good (thanks to a red light in the intersection outside the bar) meaning Curt might have to settle for 2 tacos instead of his usual 3 at Chipotle.

That's all for now, back to the Spring Training grind!!

*The Exhibition game was brutal (though my boy Chris Shelton walked twice, sadly that was a highlight).

**Not the actual name. It's actually The Tilted Kilt for those of you interested in a franchise.

***Not a euphemism for checking out the servers.

Oh yeah, hope you are enjoying the snow it's a chilly 85 degrees and sunny here!!

No comments: