Thursday, February 28, 2008

Charitable Donation

It was the annual Charity Game between the Padres and Mariners and it was weird not having a show to do. Unfortunately the starting pitchers didn't get the message as there were only 3 hits (and one hit batsmen) through 3 innings. Apparently the only thing being given away this day were NoDoz. The Mariners finally got on the board apparently 3 people score while I wasn't watching. Then Batista and Dickey combined to give the runs right back the next half inning. In fact the only action I watched, other than rooting for a charity brawl after Kouzmanoff was hit, was to see how good Dickey was with his knuckleball and color me less than impressed. I'm not really sure what color that actually is.

Of course we decided it was better to eat lunch than stay and missed the Mariners offensive outburst. Since Dan and I had to come back to the complex for other business we were able to give everyone else the update we didn't think much had happened not knowing the Mariners had put a 7 on the board, whoops!

Why did Dan and I have to return instead of hitting the condo pool you ask? Well somehow I got roped into helping him with a shoot at 6 AM Friday morning and we had to help them set up the lighting, etc. before we could get dinner and watch Dan cry in his beer as the Spartans lost by 25 (I don't think they actually lost by 25 but in my defense I was watching the Coyotes/Blues game (Jovo with a goal!), also Dan was crying into an empty glass because our waitress was god awful and took 25 minutes between stopping by our table despite us being her only table).

Setting up for the early shoot leads me to the ipod song of the day. "Supermodel" by Jill Sobule which can be found on the Clueless soundtrack. Why you ask?This is how I spent my afternoon, my big Major League moment. Being Wladimir Balentien, though you can't really see it I'm wearing a Richie Sexson jersey (it looked a little more like a dress on me, he's kinda tall). I didn't realize how tough it was being a model, those lights are hot, luckily I had a gopher to get me water. Now if we could just get it chilled. Perhaps tomorrow after we're done with the Mariners we'll do it properly with my name in lights! For the record I screwed this picture up (keep the you're in it comments to yourself), this was taken on my cell phone when all along I had my digital camera in a different pocket. Dude, I work with geniuses!

Alright since I've got to be back at the complex in 4 hours I should probably end this.

No comments: