Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back for More!

I realize it's a week until I leave but I figured now is as good a time as any to get back in the flow. With the debut of the second season you'll also notice a spiffy new title! Though I'm sure Curtis will still be happy to take my paycheck back a dollar at a time and Gretzky hasn't done anything to get on my bad side it was time for a change but more on that in a second.

I've undertaken an intense training regimen to prepare for this month. Instead of keeping the twinkies next to the couch I've kept them in kitchen cupboard so I had to get up and walk over to get a tasty snack cake. Hopefully this will help in the long run.

As regular readers of this blog will recall one of my big disappointments last spring was not seeing a Coyotes game in the month I spent in the desert. Well that's going to change this year. It's my goal to see the Desert Dogs play at least once. Not being one to settle for such a simple goal there is a second part to this goal, I want to meet Shane Doan. Who is Shane Doan you ask?
Just the captain of your Phoenix Coyotes. He also happens to be my 2nd favorite NHL player (sorry Shane you'll never top Patrick Marleau). So that's the biggest goal this spring. For the record I'd settle for meeting my 3rd favorite NHLer, former Canucks great Ed Jovanovski. That might be like meeting Val though when you were hoping to meet Holly (and yes, Marleau is Tina in this stretched way-to-thin analogy). If that last sentence lost you don't worry there will be plenty more esoteric references as the sun bakes my brain the next month.

Alright, the next time this gets updated should be from the valley of the sun next week. If you have any suggestions or anything you want talked about feel free to stop me before I leave or drop me a line.

No comments: